Event Roundup, April 9
Upcoming journalism code events and deadlines
- April 9: Misinformation & the media (Rescheduled): Flash talks and happy hour discussion (Philadelphia, PA)
- April 10: Join us for an evening of pizza and lies (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- April 12: From front page to big screen: ‘The Post,’ ‘Spotlight’ & winning an Oscar (Boston, MA)
- April 13: “Reinventing Local TV” Research Conference with Mike Beaudet & John Wihbey (Boston, MA)
- April 13-14: International Symposium on Online Journalism 2018 (Austin, TX)
- April 14: Journo Tech Project Day! (Washington, DC)
- April 14: ONA Triangle: Digital Storytelling Workshop and Leadership Training (Chapel Hill, NC)
- April 16: Protect yourself and your sources: Cybersecurity for journalists (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- April 21: Washington News Nerds - Spokane Meetup (Spokane, WA)
- April 24: Scripting your data journalism for repeatability (Austin, TX)
- April 24 Indigenous Representations and Media (Los Angeles, CA)
- May 4-5: Sensorium Festival (Bratislava, Slovakia)
- May 14-16: OpenVis Conf (Paris, France)
- April 9: Last day to apply for “Magic Grant” funding from the Brown Institute
- April 12: Last day to apply to Reveal Investigative Fellowship
- April 13: Last day to enter the call for participation for SRCCON 2018
If that’s not enough deadlines for you, you can always check out the jobs section of our site for new postings.
Know of any upcoming fellowship or conference proposal deadlines? Have an upcoming event? Let us know: email@example.com.
Deputy Director of OpenNews.