Event Roundup, August 14
Upcoming journalism code events and deadlines
- August 13-18: DjangoCon US (Spokane, WA)
- August 16: ‘How did you do that?’ — Lightning talks about successful Philly news projects (Philadelphia, PA)
- August 17: Web Chat on Burnout Prevention (online)
- August 23: Expérience utilisateur en journalisme / UX & UI in Journalism (Montreal, Quebec)
- August 23: Learn how Condé Nast is Approaching Security, Stability, and Performance (Austin, TX)
- August 23: Walking Photo Tour of Downtown LA with Photojournalist Maya Sugarman (Los Angeles, CA)
- August 24-31: 2017 Storyology (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Australia)
- August 25-27: http://garagem.mjv.com.br/hackathonjornalismo/ (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- August 25: Qué es la seguridad en Internet y cómo protegerse de ciberataques (CHARLA) (Rosario, Argentina)
- August 26: Comenzá a protegerte: kit digital de seguridad y privacidad (TALLER) (Rosario, Argentina)
- August 28: Data journalism: from data to design to code (Singapore)
- September 7-9: Excellence in Journalism 2017 (Anaheim, CA)
- September 11: News Impact Summit: Budapest (Budapest, Hungary)
- September 13-15 Media Party 2017 (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- August 15: Last day to submit paper to SciPyLA2017
- August 18: Last day to apply for Poynter-NABJ Leadership Academy for Diversity in Digital Media
- September 29: Last day to apply for a Knight Visiting Nieman Fellowship
If that’s not enough deadlines for you, you can always check out the jobs section of our site for new postings.
Know of any upcoming fellowship or conference proposal deadlines? Have an upcoming event? Let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deputy Director of OpenNews.