Event Roundup, February 12
Upcoming journalism code events and deadlines
- February 12-March 11: Building Bots for Journalism: Software You Talk With (Online)
- February 13: Beyond Transparency: Discover the new National Treasury spending and data portal (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- February 13: Learn & Burn: Creating a process for testing, adopting new tools and technology (Reno, NV)
- February 16: ¡A subir el costo de la mentira en elecciones! (Bogotá, Colombia)
- February 19: Designing on Deadline (Pittsburgh, PA)
- February 28: Dan Petrie - Data Journalism, Fad or Future (Brisbane, Australia)
- February 28: Getting started with Git! (Washington, DC)
- March 2: Data Intersections (Miami, FL)
- March 8: #21 Journalismus und Künstliche Intelligenz (Zurich, Switzerland)
- March 8-11: 2018 National Institute of Computer Assisted Reporting Conference (Chicago, IL)
- February 15: Last day to apply to the Ida B. Wells Fellowship
- February 15: Last day to apply for European cross-border reporting grant
- February 23: Last day to vote on NICAR lightning talks
- February 25: Last day to apply to AAJA’s Executive Leadership Program
- March 7: Last day for local newsrooms to apply to Matter’s New York City workshop
- March 26: Last day to enter the Data Journalism Awards
If that’s not enough deadlines for you, you can always check out the jobs section of our site for new postings.
Know of any upcoming fellowship or conference proposal deadlines? Have an upcoming event? Let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deputy Director of OpenNews.