Event Roundup, September 25
Upcoming journalism code events and deadlines
- September 25: Location-based storytelling (Manchester, UK)
- September 26: Personal data & the business models of social media: Richard Shannon (Brisbane, Australia)
- October 26: Innovation in newsletters: Finding new life in an old medium (Toronto, Canada)
- September 26: Panel on Building Media Trust: What We’ve Learned (San Francisco, CA)
- October 4: What and Where: Visualizing geodata for news with WebGL (Seattle, WA)
- October 5-7: Online News Association Conference 2017 (Washington, DC)
- October 6: ONA17 Event RSVP: Information Trust Initiative Reception Sponsored by Mozilla (Washington, DC)
- October 18: Fighting Fake News (Washington, DC)
- October 18: Digital Media All-Star Panel (Las Vegas, NV)
- October 23: What is the future of adaptive narratives? (London, UK)
- October 24-25: #newsHACK: Conversational User Interfaces (CUI) (London, UK)
- October 26: OpenNews Unconference on Journalism Tech (London, UK)
- October 27-29: Mozilla Festival (London, UK)
- November 4: Klein News Innovation Camp 2017 (Philadelphia, PA)
- November 9-11: Hack the Gender Gap: Women’s Hackathon on Diversifying AI at WVU (Morgantown, WV)
- September 29: Last day to apply for a Knight Visiting Nieman Fellowship
- October 6: Last day to apply for Catalyst AAJA’s Media Entrepreneurship Program
- October 14: Last day to apply to participate in the Washington News Nerds’ Tacoma (un)conference
- December 31: Last day to pitch to the International Journalism Festival 2018
If that’s not enough deadlines for you, you can always check out the jobs section of our site for new postings.
Know of any upcoming fellowship or conference proposal deadlines? Have an upcoming event? Let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of OpenNews.