Digital/interactive journalist currently embarking on a new chapter. I'm a New Yorker en route to Australia via London.
Jacqui’s work on Source
- A Bot to Find the Source of Serendipity
- Newsroom Analytics: A Primer
- Introducing Streamtools: A Graphical Tool for Working with Streams of Data
- A few words from Chrys Wu on her new role
- London Calling: Winning the Data Olympics
- For Journalism: How it Started, Where it’s Going
- The New York Times’ Election Results Loader
Articles by Jacqui
A Bot to Find the Source of Serendipity
Jacqui Maher reveals the secrets of @NYTPlusContextPosted on
Just before Thanksgiving last year, a new novelty Twitter account gained notice in our newsroom. @NYTMinusContext, promising “All Tweets Verbatim From New York Times Content. Not Affiliated with New York Times.” tweeted fragments from Times articles that you might not think twice about while reading in article format. Isolated, though, these phrases can be absurd, surprising, and delightful.
Newsroom Analytics: A Primer
Jacqui Maher says it’s not just the numbers, it’s what they mean about the audiencePosted on
Jacqui Maher says it’s not just the numbers, it’s what they mean about the audience.
London Calling: Winning the Data Olympics
Jacqui Maher on wrangling massively complex, really messy data in (almost) realtimePosted on
Jacqui Maher on wrangling massively complex, really messy data in (almost) realtime.