Alan’s work on Source
- GS proxy
- I Mage Proxerific
- Minnesota Legislature Tracker
- Simple Map D3
- Tik Tok
- How We Built a Database from Thousands of Police Reports
- How Usability Testing Can Improve News Stories
- Introducing MinnPost’s Election Night API
- Return of the Code Convenings: Elections and Updates
- Building News Apps on a Shoestring
- Mapping Made Simple, Now with Bonus UI
- Launching the Minnesota Legislative Bill Tracker
Articles by Alan
Introducing Tik Tok: Beautiful Timelines, the Easy Way
A timeline tool for all your chronological narrative needsPosted on
Tik Tok creates elegant vertical timelines by pulling from a variety of data sources. It’s designed for newsroom coders of all levels. If you can copy and paste, you’re on your way.
Introducing MinnPost’s Election Night API
An API That Collects and Serves Election Results While Conserving ResourcesPosted on
The Election Night API is a set of tools, configurations, and instructions to collect and serve election results on election night, while still providing an off-season service, and focusing on saving resources as much as possible.
Building News Apps on a Shoestring
Alan Palazzolo on how the MinnPost team rocks it without a big budgetPosted on
Alan Palazzolo on how the MinnPost team rocks it without a big budget
Mapping Made Simple, Now with Bonus UI
Simple Map D3 + Tulip = Easy Data-Driven Choropleth MapsPosted on
Introducing the double-whammy of Simple Map D3 and Tulip, a new mapping app from MinnPost.
Launching the Minnesota Legislative Bill Tracker
From the team at MinnPostPosted on
This week, MinnPost launched an effort to track legislation in Minnesota throughout the 2013 session.